Friday, March 13, 2009

My own little square of the airport

I cleared the TSA checkpoint with plenty of time to spare. Pre-flight was nothing to speak of. It went very smoothly. The flight over, however, was fun. It is either a small world, or I was on a very large plane. I sat next to two women from Bergen County, one from Franklin Lakes, and the other from Mahwah. The woman from Mahwah is actually next door neighbors to my boss (MPD Chief), and knows the homeowner from the Alexandria structure fire, as well as being good friends with one of my former EMS Lieutenants and her son (another MPD dispatcher) and two other co-workers of mine. They, along with some of their friends, are on their way to London for a friend's wedding. Very nice people, and fun loving too!

As some of you may know, I have a sickness. I look forward to airline food. I chose the chicken, and it did not disappoint. I got to see Eagle Eye on the way over, and continued to read the Bourne Identity; I started that on the trip over to Prague in August.

All and all, a pleasant ride. There were a few patches of turbulence, my 777 got knocked around a bit, but we landed at Heathrow (LHR) without incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment